PDA

View Full Version : Wait wait wait

flutegrl71
01-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Wow, write wait a lot and it looks weird. Hi ya'll I'm new here, and seeing all these great pictures of nc (or is it NC? I don't want to get confused with the state...) intrigues me. I know that at some concerts the audience is forbidden to take pictures--but here I see a lot of pictures from performances. Is this not the case for nc? I plan to go to the nc concert when it comes to my area, and since the issue intrigues me now, I'll address it.

UpInYourHeart
01-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Now, I've never seen Nickel Creek in concert, but most performers are the same... I think the picture restriction thing depends on the venue & their rules - so I'd check with whatever venue you were seeing them (or anyone else, for that matter) has to say about it.

sap2257
01-28-2003, 02:09 PM
It does depend on the venue, but also the artist. If the artist doesn't mind then the venues don't seem to mind, because I have been to two venues that have said no pictures, but I took my camara anyways, and you were able to take pictures. So my advice is to take your camara no matter what anyone says and you'll see what they allow when you get there b/c you definitly don't want to be caught without your camara and find out that you were allowed to take pics. and Nickel Creek does allow you to take pics, and believe me I probably blinded Sean at my last concert...opps!:rolleyes:
-Sarah

matt the fiddler
01-28-2003, 02:50 PM
If the artist doesn't mind then the venues don't seem to mind auctually soem don't like it no matter who it is- if you call ahead and they say no, and you still want to get pics- just at least be low key about the way youa re doing it- some venus still will enforce that rule though- i have even seen cameras taken away, and film containers opened up so nothign can get out ..... [worst case senerio]

matt

Bast
07-12-2003, 10:06 PM
check with the venue. It's up to them wether or not pictures are allowed. I've seen a few groups that the camera was already to start snapping when the anouncement was made that photography was prohibited. Darn it! Couldn't say in the advert could they? Any who, if you want to bring it in case you see them outside of the concert go right ahead and hope it's not a check for cameras at the door!

leconte
07-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Do keep one thing in mind about taking pictures... the official NC website states that the band has a no flash rule, regardless of the venue.

http://www.nickelcreek.com/photos.htm# (click on Photo Policy)

AlesiaKaye
07-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Keep in mind that it really is a combination of things - the venue is the one that will really enforce the policy - and they will enforce the artists no policy over their own ok policy - at least most of the venue managers we know are that way. They enforce whatever the road manager for the group says is the official policy, when the groups policy is more strict than the venues.

Many venues however strictly forbid any photography, video or audio devices - and they MEAN it - as Matt said, I know of situations where film has been destroyed and even cameras being confiscated and then NOT returned - you forfeited it when you broke the rules - - c'est la vie.

At the Jax Beach concert we knew the venue manager & he was fine with whatever policy the bands was so he went & talked to Fielding and went with the no flash rule. Then when it came time for the band to take the stage and Fielding was tuning up the back-up instruments, he came to those of us in the front of the crowd and let us know that this no-flash policy was really important to follow for those up front as it was really distracting to the band.

I don't know how many of you here have been on stage trying to speak or perform - but if you have and have experienced the power of a flash going off in your eyes while trying to stay focused on something - then you should understand why this is so important to the band, and if you haven't experienced it - just remember anytime you've had a flash right in your eyes - your almost always temporarily blinded and taken aback by it - imagine trying to perform during that time - - eee gads - - and then imagine 50 or so flashes doing it over... and over... and over... LOL So I always follow the bands request - and I never risk going against venue policy cause my camera is too expesive on my budget to risk losing.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to try your best to be good .. you don't want to end up on a black list - whether real or imaginary - in any bands book or any venue's list. :)

Remember - it all comes down to respecting the artist wishes and understanding that venues have their policies for a reason. I feel it's always best to play by the rules ... if only for good Karma.

Take Care...
Alesia

PS: Keep in mind that it was because of a camera that Axl Rose of Gun's N Roses ended up jumping into a crowd in St Louis to beat up an audience member & ended up going to jail himself - - LOL - - that shows how serious they can be about this!!! :) - - of course all the alcohol he was using I'm sure gave him more incentive, but you never know... LOL

Bast
07-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Most bands have the no flash policy, the only exceptions tend to be at outdoor concerts, especially the night ones. But I still wouldn't want to be up in the front rows snapping pic after pic! That would be pushing the limits a bit. I've come close to having a camera taken away, but that was only because we had two or three frames left and just had to finish that roll! Not kosher I know, but I hate bringing a camera and have so few left to finish it......

transformed
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
the only concert i've been to the venue said no cameras, but i took the chance and brought it anyway. i had it in my bag and they didn't check it. i took some pictures and saw a couple other people taking some also but not many. this is a tricky issue...

i mentioned this on another thread too but i want to ask here also...does anyone else have a camera with a depth-of-field preview light? mine does and i'm not really sure if it's okay with the no-flash rule...

rustynation
07-16-2003, 06:14 AM
In Burlington, there was a no-flash rule. But cameras actually take better pictures if you leave the flash on and cover it up. Duct tape and Band-Aids work.

And as for the no camera rule, some venues have copyrighted logos on their walls, such as the House of Blues, and don't allow you to take pictures of *that.*

linzee_nc
07-16-2003, 07:43 PM
I agree that photos turn out better if you leave flash mode on and just cover your flash unit with something. The shutter speed on non-flash mode is super slow and everything turns out blurry. Before you tape/ band-aid your camera, check with the venue to make sure you're allowed to take it in at all. I spent hours making sure my flash wasn't at all visible for the Normal, IL concert, and then they took my camera anyway.

matt the fiddler
07-16-2003, 09:58 PM
that is why, my freind, you want an all manuel camera.. the ones with all the buttons ;)

transformed
07-17-2003, 10:35 PM
yeah..the ones where you can accidentally rewind a brand new roll of 800 film while just trying to figure out how to change the 'exposure compensation' whatever that is.... [shock]