PDA

View Full Version : Sean's "A Gentleman's Guitar"

jeaniegirl
02-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Here is Sean's painting...

You'll have to go to this link cause my computer is STUPID!!! [bang]

Sorry about that....

Sean's A Gentleman's Guitar Painting (http://www.kathrynhegarty.com/art/lg/agentlemansguitar.jpg)

NCFreak
02-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Ya couldn't put it in the same thread as the first one?

jeaniegirl
02-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah,

That was the initial idea...but as I said my computer is STUPID....and wasn't lettting me do much....I am truly sorry about that.

Guesswho_Chick
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
That's a pretty cool painting- I like the feeling in it. Kind of Van Gogh-ish . . . or a lil Picasso (but that's oversaid, isn't it??)

btw - do you mean you painted this off Sean's guitar, or that Sean himself painted it?? I was assuming you did but then I looked back at the thread and wasn't sure :P

jeaniegirl
03-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Yes, siree..I painted it and thanks for the compliment!

: )

jeaniegirl~

Guesswho_Chick
03-19-2003, 09:03 PM
You're very welcome!! Post more if you do any!! :)

jeaniegirl
03-20-2003, 08:02 PM
I have a website at www.kathrynhegarty.com (http://www.kathrynhegarty.com) , where other paintings are posted. Just go to the main page and click GALLERY.

Jeaniegirl~

matt the fiddler
03-20-2003, 08:54 PM
shoot... i just realized that those pics are sitting here on my computer... and i promised a section on the paintings...

:confused: not sure what happened.. it will be up soon....

matt

jaceyhomen
03-20-2003, 10:19 PM
jeannie...that's lovely. But...where's Sean?

AlesiaKaye
03-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey jeaniegirl ...

As a fellow artist - although amateur - I'm curious about a couple of things:

1). I see that the three paintings, Her Red Violin, A Gentleman's Guitar and Mandolin Soul are all part of the trio of paintings you created from Nickel Creek - but was there a song in particular that inspired you to create these or was it the group in general?

2). Do you find it helpful to listen to their music while you work? When I write I like to listen to instrumentals, esp. classical, but do not find music as necessary for me when working in other media, such as my photographs. Just wondering if you feel that listening to their work helps you capture your emotion in the paintings.

3) Why did you pick Her Red Violin to add to your favorites section. What about that particular painting moved you to put it in that section?

I like your work and am always interested in talking with other artists about their motivation and feelings about their final projects. Do you sell prints or just originals? Or do you keep the originals yourself...?

Sorry to ask so many questions :)

AlesiaKaye

AlesiaKaye
03-21-2003, 08:32 AM
One more quick thing ..

I think CHAOS IN GREEN is my fav... :)

AlesiaKaye