PDA

View Full Version : shirts

Goose_17
02-12-2003, 10:53 PM
now i know there are others out there and better ones but thought someone might like these..the only one not show is the red one which says nickelcreek on the front and forget mainstream! fall into the creek on the back.

Goose_17
02-12-2003, 10:54 PM

Goose_17
02-12-2003, 10:55 PM
next one..

Goose_17
02-12-2003, 10:55 PM
the back

Goose_17
02-12-2003, 10:56 PM
and finally..

sap2257
02-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Those are really good Goose! I like the one that says NC Nickel Creek, not just a state anymore. :D
-Sarah

creekster_anna
02-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Cool! Thanks for posting those Goose! It's cool to finally see those shirts I read so much about. They are all great. I especially like the first one. It cracks me up. Do you wear that one to school? If you do, do people ask you what the heck it means? :)

Goose_17
02-13-2003, 03:42 PM
yeah anna, when i wear it publically, people ask me who big sam thompson is. although what made it better was going to get in line at the Tabernacle Concert and all these NC Fans reading the shirts because they know who Big Sam Thompson is. Hopefully with Sean's new cd, I'll have some more good material for making quality shirts with...wait..before people misunderstand. Of course Sean's new cd will have great stuff. I mean some ideas and song titles to have a play on words like w/the nc not a state shirt and big sam. Maybe something can be done with 26 Miles..hmm..we'll have to see what kinda of personal impact it has on me too. oh well. just trying to prevent another board soap opera and misunderstandings.

NCFreak
02-13-2003, 03:47 PM
No offense, Goose...do you have a prosthetic limb? Your shirt says that Sara just makes you weak in the knee. Do you only have one knee? Personally, she makes me weak all over, and there ain't no just about it.

Goose_17
02-13-2003, 04:49 PM
bryan, we truly should be friends as we are. that is EXACTLY! what i said and thought afterwards when i noticed it. i actually made that joke to her when she saw the shirts and she kinda laughed..i was like...WAIT! WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER KNEE?...hmm maybe I should say the other is a prostetic limb...
i was waiting for you or matt (ornot) to say that.

oh and the just was not as in only the knee but i as to mean that there isn't a way to explain it. you know like when ppl tell really long stories and have a hard time explaining something they use well, it was just... so, thats what i meant...lacking a better description just.

OkieLovinNC
02-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Those are awesome shirts, Goosie! I need to make me one...
I especially like the 'Creek Geek' one. Haha. That's me. Oh yeah.

NCFreak
02-13-2003, 05:12 PM
[lolol] Goosie. HAHAHA!!!

Goosie, Goosie, Goosie, Goosie, Goosie!!

OkieLovinNC
02-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Goosie! ;)

sap2257
02-13-2003, 05:35 PM
I used to have a cat named Goosie, she's gone now though...[sob] Goosie why did you leave me?! wait there is another I can call Goosie, finally!! I have missed calling that name(and you should hear the way I say it) ;) Looks like you have a new nick name Goose! you can thank NCFreak for that one! [lolol]
-Sarah

NCFreak
02-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by sap2257
Looks like you have a new nick name Goose! you can thank NCFreak for that one!
You're welcome. But, it wasn't me. It was Okie. *point...point...point*

OkieLovinNC
02-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it was me, I called him Goosie. *points to self*

Bart Simpson
02-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Good shirts Goose. I too have a neat Bluegrass realted shirt. It says Sex Drugs and Flatt and Scruggs, with a picture of a little banjo on the bottom.

OkieLovinNC
02-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Goosie, did the Creeks sign your 'not just a state anymore' shirt? It looks like there is writing on it, but I can't really tell.

kokomo88
02-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Goosie?

that makes him sound...short. and...furry.

I don't like that one...

OkieLovinNC
02-13-2003, 06:55 PM
No, not short and furry, short and, um, feathery! LOL Yup, that's our Goosie! ;)

kokomo88
02-13-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah. that.

???????

anyways your shirts are wicked cool!

Goose_17
02-13-2003, 08:58 PM
yeah at the time those pics were taken (before the atl concert) only the blue one (the nc not a state) was signed. but it only has chris' and sara' sigs b/c sean got back on the bus. and sara signed this rocks! so i was touched. i'll take a pic of the red one soon so yall can see that, but my friend who was wearing it forgot to ask them to sign it. and the blue one has a double set of sigs in the front..*ugh* but i'll live. and for some reason..i can't find the green one so that kinda bums me out.

bart, that shirt of yours sounds hilarious man. i want to make one about mandolins or jsut about chris being the mando master but no great ideas yet.

goosie? oh well..it could be worse.

Ames
02-14-2003, 12:29 AM
Actually I started Goosie months ago. I think Emmy (see how I just gave YOU a nickname?) is the only person who ever picked up on it.[evil eye] Just as I call Joce Jocie. I like things to end in a long e sound I'm not really sure why! I give people nicknames without asking, I'm sorry! And speaking of Goosie...I remember before you went to that show how we were talking about what you might put on them and I think knees came up and when I saw the shirt and it said knee I thought the same thing. I was like how's that other knee holding up for you there? But I didn't say anything cause I didn't want you to think me a butthole. :)

Goose_17
02-14-2003, 12:57 AM
lol...sorry..i just haven't heard a girl say the word butthole in awhile and its kinda funny...HAHHAHAHAHA...don't worry about asking questions or picking on me (which it really wouldn't be) b/c if you haven't noticed...i'm the scapegoat of the month for Los C.S. so i'm use to it..haha.

kokomo88
02-14-2003, 01:29 PM
yes, I have been called Jocie by many ppl,. mostly when they are either

1-trying to bribe me
2-trying to convince me to hug them
3-kind of like the calm b4 the storm, they call me Jocie and then womp me.

that's okay though Ames., if I had a special name for you, which I don't, I'd use it...but...I'm not a very creative person and I'm eating chocolate.

nkl_crk_freek
02-16-2003, 09:39 AM
I LOVE the Creek Geek one!! Have you ever considered selling your shirts?

Cassie

Goose_17
02-17-2003, 12:03 AM
no for the fact that in most i use the name nickel creek. and considering laws about that they have copyrights about selling stuff etc. now if i was ever approached if nc wanted to use those slogans, i'd says go right ahead but i'd like some kind of credit ya know? whether it was like $2 or...a good conversation with Sara. but actually, if they did approach someone, it would prolly be a management person with sugar hill etc so its not like sara would ask me to use them etc. yeah, one can dream. so no i wouldn't sell them for legal reasons and i do it for fun so don't care that much.

nkl_crk_freek
02-17-2003, 05:34 PM
I guess I should have thought about the legal reasons. It seems they're are always laws getting in the way! :D Maybe you should send some of your ideas to their management. I know you said you just do it for fun, but wouldn't it be cool if they would buy some off of you? Then you would be doing something you like AND making money. Oh well, just a thought. Awesome shirts!!

Cassie

missem
02-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Goose-

I just have to tell you that if a guy made a shirt like that with my name on it....the weak in the knee one...I would love him forever. That is so cute, Goosie! So, surely there has to be some hope for you and Sara, simply because of that shirt. Just thinking of how sweet that is...puddle o' me! If you make a Sean one...I want it!

kokomo88
02-25-2003, 04:28 PM
I still can't get over this Goosie thing.

I don't like it!

Goose doesn't seem to have a prob though but...ack

goosie?

sorry just ranting a little

topic> cool shirts!

nkl_crk_freek
02-26-2003, 01:17 PM
If Goose made a shirt that said that Sean made him weak in the knee, I would be a little concerned for him. [think har

Cassie
:D

missem
02-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Well, I would be concerned if Sean made Goose weak in the knee as well Cassie. But since the shirt is for me the statement would be acceptable as well as a true statement. But I want a shirt that pertains to Sean and his 26 miles CD. Not necessarily Sean himself. But either will work. And any man that goes weak in the knee or kness, for me would have my heart and then goose could make him a shirt. Can this be considered on topic? I mentioned Goose and his shirts.

nkl_crk_freek
02-27-2003, 11:48 AM
I know I was just kidding.[lolol]

Cassie

Goose_17
03-13-2003, 11:53 AM
here are pics of that red one i promised.

Goose_17
03-13-2003, 11:53 AM
and the back

rastaspike79
03-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh man! That is so awesome!!! I want one! I want one! haha... You are one very talented Goose! ;)
~Jennifer~[noise]

creekster_anna
03-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Man, I wish I was that clever. I can never come up with anything original like that. Oh well, thanks for sharing those though so that unfortunate, non-creative people like me can appreciate them. :)

kerchi
04-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey, I've got a question... I was thinking about making a shirt to wear to the concert I'm going to. I was curious, before I do...if I printed, say the cover art from This Side on a t-shirt...is that legal?
It would be one shirt, and just for myself. I would never, ever, ever sell anything like that?
Just want something neat to wear. If I have to, I can come up with something of my own. I just want to make sure I don't commit some kind of crime!:)

Goose_17
04-06-2003, 08:23 PM
i'm not sure about all the legality stuff but i don't think memphislovesnc or whatever her sn is is a lawyer. maybe you could ask her. i just know about my stuff i guess. i don't know if they would like that or not since it is copyrighted. sorry i'm not much help.

kerchi
04-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks, that's ok. I really figured when I posted that question, someone would jump all over me (you know like the thread a while back about burning cds).
I just thought it'd be neat to make a t shirt to wear, but I don't want to do anything that would be percieved as bad.
Maybe I can come up with my own little unique thing.

aftontallulah
04-07-2003, 05:40 PM
I made a shirt with Chris' picture on it. Hes like totally in a moment playing his mando and singing. I love to wear it. People ask who it is and my answers normally is If I had to explain you wouldn't understand I hope its not copy right infringement, I don't claim to have taken the picture. I think if you just took the cover art and put it on a shirt it wouldn't be a problem. You are not making money off of it, you are only making one, and you are not claiming it as your artwork. I think the band would be flattered. I say do it, if they get mad you can always burn the shirt.

Cupcakes,
Afton
:p

Goose_17
04-07-2003, 11:02 PM
i agree with afton. i can't think of any real problem and i'd say go ahead but if you are worried about it just do a little background. maybe send an email to kathy at the .com site and ask..who knows.

kerchi
04-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks Goose! I hadn't thought of doing that. Although, my husband gave me a great idea if I can swing it. But I'm not going to say what it is just yet. Then, if I can do it, I will post a pic of it on here. I'm sure it will be a one-of-a-kind original!:D

kerchi
04-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Goose-

I made a shirt. If I had a dig. cam. I would post a pic of it. I plan on taking my 35mm camera to the show, and I'll get my sis to take a pic of it. Anyway, I didn't use my husband's idea because it turned out to be a little more difficult than what I wanted to fool with. But the one I made is still pretty neat. I used my computer and iron-on paper. I didn't use their cover art after all.
Well, except for the words Nickel Creek on the front. The back is my own little concoction. I'm @ wk now and don't have the shirt in front of me or I'd post what it says. Maybe later.:cool:

NCFreak
04-22-2003, 03:02 PM
You made the shirt yourself, but you don't remember what it says? [think har

kerchi
04-22-2003, 04:01 PM
it says...

FUN
GUITAR
CHRIS
1OFAKIND
SEAN
MANDOLIN

COOL
SARA
THILE
FIDDLE
WATKINS

sorry, that doesn't line up real well on here!:p

edit... well, when I submit my reply it doesn't line up...it throws it all to the left. Anyway, I lined the words up so that they spelled Nickel Creek vertically.

I know, I know, didn't take a genius to figure that out for my shirt, but I'm pretty proud of it. I also put around the words a picture of a mando, a guitar, and a fiddle.

kerchi
04-22-2003, 04:41 PM
:p

NCFreak
04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
:-)) WOW!! That's frickin' AWESOME!!!!!!!

Well, goose...looks like you've either gotta step it up, or get out of the t-shirt hobbie. ;)

kerchi
04-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks!!! I appreciate the compliment very much!!!:D

Oh, I like Goose's too... I couldn't come up with any cool sayings like he did!:)

OkieLovinNC
04-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey, that's a pretty awesome shirt! You wouldn't mind doing one for me would you? ;)

kerchi
04-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Okie-

Unfortunately, I don't have the time. Although it looks pretty simple, I spent a lot of time on it and wasted a lot of paper. But, I appreciate the compliment. :D

OkieLovinNC
04-22-2003, 05:06 PM
That's okies.

tat2queen
04-22-2003, 05:22 PM
I think Afton is right, at least I hope so since I'm walking around with a HUGE tattoo of the This side girl on my right arm!! I'm not claiming it as my own art, and am certainly not making money on it. But I never thought of it being copyright infringement. If it's a no-no then it's a BIG one...can't erase it!!! I have shown it to someone at Sugarhill though, and they didn't say anything about it being a bad thing. So I think it's only bad if you do it for profit
and not just for personal use.

kerchi
04-23-2003, 02:19 PM
I think, awhile back on another thread someone had talked about some people who had gotten the crown tatooed on them.
I guess I decided not to use that (cover art) on my shirt, because I wanted it to be more original. If I had used the cover art, I could see someone saying yeah, yeah, big deal. So you printed the cover art and ironed it on. whoopie!
Even though you used it, I consider your idea to use it as a tatoo pretty original. I mean, how many people are going to have that???;)

tat2queen
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks:) I don't think too many others will have it...at least not this big. Also, $$$wise, it's a pretty pricey tat...probably $450+ in our area...more in bigger cities[eek!!] but since my hubby is the tattoo artist...I got it gratis:D It was my happy b-day present[party] I also thought about the crown as a tat b-cuz they call me the queen here at home, but opted for the grrrly instead!! I do like the originality of these shirts...love the creek geek one the best!!! Lots of creativity flowing around here;)

Adyn
04-24-2003, 06:10 PM
In celebration of my new site launching next week (like I needed an excuse LOL) I now have my own Thile shirt :D I'm seeing NC in San Francisco next, at night & outside, so I thought I'd be smart and put it on something warm I can wear. Plus I'm a hoodie junkie. LOL. Anyhow... the front has the Green & Gray logo on it, and the back...

:D

sap2257
04-24-2003, 06:26 PM
that's AWESOME looking heather!!!! I really love it!!! :D I think I'm going to have to get me one of those, but be patient with me b/c I need $$ first! ;)
-Sarah

AmyG
04-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Great design! Being a graphic artist has its advantages, doesn't it? ;) If you want a cool new shirt....just design one! :D

NCFreak
04-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sap2257
that's AWESOME looking heather!!!! I really love it!!! :D I think I'm going to have to get me one of those, but be patient with me b/c I need $$ first! ;)
-Sarah
Why would you want something w/ someone elses website on it? Unless you're directly involved with that site. No offense to Adyn, of course...I'm sure her site rocks.

sap2257
04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by NCFreak

Why would you want something w/ someone elses website on it? Unless you're directly involved with that site. No offense to Adyn, of course...I'm sure her site rocks.
I want one of the shirts or sweat shirts b/c I am involved with the site as far as posting. and I am a mando player and would like to show who my inspiration was, and can tell people(whoever asks about the shirt) about Chris. and I have talked to Heather a lot, and she really helps me out with my mando playing, and I have seen how much work she has put into such an incredible Chris Thile site, and there will be much more to the site once it's all done, so I would like to represent her site!! get the word out, that's why I would but a shirt with someone else's website on it.
-Sarah

NCFreak
04-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Well, then...there ya go.

Adyn
04-24-2003, 11:00 PM
AmyG~ Thanks! :D Yeah it does have it's advantages [lolol]

Sarah~:D Thanks for the kind words about my site & the shirt, I really appriciate your help & support ;) You rock :D We'll make sure ya get one!!!

Bryan~ No offense taken... I am pretty happy with the site & would be thrilled if people liked it enough to pass on the word to other Thile fans :D (whether or not they wanted a shirt ;) )

NCFreak
04-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Adyn, I checked your site out. I like the look so far. You gonna do thumbs for the photos? And you are the wallpaper queen!! I guess Amy G was being serious when she referred to you as a graphic artist. Must be why your sweatshirt looked so good. Maybe you could get a job w/ Sugar Hill designing NC gear.

Anyway, sense I'm already a global EZBoard member, I think I'll poke my head in there.

Adyn
04-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks Bryan! :D Yeah, the new site has thumbnails rather than trying to open a bunch of big photos all at once... I just tossed those up there real quick cause I wanted to share them with people and I knew it would be a while before I got the site done. It's currently online & being tested but is hidden until I fix everything & everything works. Should be soon ;)

I had 3 people today ask me who was on my shirt... a happy plus to having it LOL, I got to tell 3 new people... ooh, that's Chris Thile, he's this amazing mandolin player who's in my favorite band... blah blah blah. Just doin my best to spread Creekdom LOL (Need to carry like a mini MP3 player... like, here, listen! hehehe)

obsessedwithNC
06-26-2003, 07:54 AM
GOOSE! [wowOwow]wow those are reaaaaaaaaaly cool shirts! i was wondering if you would mind if i made one myself using your forget mainstream quote.. i wanted to make one for me that said forget mainstream on the front with the This Side girl and then fall into the creek on the back.

of course, only with your permission...

Goose_17
06-26-2003, 05:29 PM
well i haven't copywritten them or anything so go ahead i guess. but if someone comes along and wants to sell it then obviously i have proof that i wrote. have fun.

SeanWfan33
08-19-2003, 07:27 AM
ahhh goose i want one of your shirts!!! those are so cool!!!! :D :D :D :D :D