PDA

View Full Version : nickel creek karaokeeee

SeanWfan33
04-22-2004, 07:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4008908622&rd=1 hahaha i was searching ebay.com for nickel creek stuff and a karaoke cd popped up! its so funny cuz the songs with singers... well it isnt nickel creek.. its weird lol check it out

chickzilla
04-22-2004, 08:45 AM
that is frightening!! yipes![eek!!]
(EDIT) ok i have to givew it some credit... but ONLY a teeny bit. after i actually listened to the clip, the singers are terrible, but the music is not as bad as most Karaoke music actually is. its still pretty yuk, but most of its intolerable.
this just sounds like bad elevator music. oh well, but you know the music's gotten popular when it gets to that level. *sigh*

obsessedwithNC
04-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Jader... you and your eBay I swear to God.... why is under the Christian music category? Thats... weird. There's 0 bids on it!! I want this!! Someone please! My birthday is in like... 2 months! <3[noise]

EDIT: OMgggggg Here to There is on eBay again.. this time, there's 25 bids on it; it's 76 dollars; and it ends in 9 hours! Go bid bid bid!

SeanWfan33
04-22-2004, 03:41 PM
since we are on the ebay topic... http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/firstbase/NICKECREEK.jpg i think their sigs. look fake... is it just me or are they???

NCLuver333
04-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah...that looks pretty fake, unless it was signed a few years ago, and they changed their style of signing. (?)
There are a lot of fake signings...I would never trust ebay with stuff like that. Besides, it's so much easier (and in most cases cheaper) to go to a concert and get it signed yourself. Plus, it means a whole lot more because you were there...But it just seems really stupid to try to sell something that's fake...
There was a fiddle on a few days ago, and the signatures kinda looked real, but there was something about Chris' and Sara's that didn't look quite right. They included pictures of them signing it, but Chris' and Sara's hair were covering their faces, and I couldn't tell if it was really Sean signing it or not. Plus, in the picture of Chris signing the fiddle, he's using a blue sharpie, but in the close-ups of the fiddle, his sig is in silver...:rolleyes:

SeanWfan33
04-22-2004, 05:18 PM
wow you really scooped that out good.. im not buying the sigs i just go on to get posters and stuff.. i know its better to go to a concert and thats what i do!

NCLuver333
04-22-2004, 05:23 PM
lol...I was really bored (I'm on Spring Break right now, and I've got nothing to do :D except SLEEP!!), so I was just wandering around ebay, and I noticed it...and something didn't look right. [think har

NCLuver333
04-28-2004, 01:32 PM
It's there again...It's not the same one, but it's the same Chris and Sean pics...Sara's is different. And they're not signing a fiddle...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29864&item=3812462950&rd=1

obsessedwithNC
04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
It *has* to be a fake.. on the last auction's pictures, why would Sara be on her cell phone while signing something? I'd think that's very unlike her. But now on this new auction, Chris and Sean are the same as last time!! Their pics are at night and Sara's isnt! And you're right they're signing a guitar! .. and Sara's signature doesn't look like that.. Hahaha this is funny, we should nail someone for forgery.. maybe more than that but I can't think of the word right now!!

mandoplayer15
05-08-2004, 04:58 AM
There is *No Way* thats real. My Thile sig that i got (in person) looks noting like that one! neither does Sean's or Sara's. EBay is full of scams these days. Some of the Mandolin Cafe goers have uncovered alot also.

UpInYourHeart
05-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Actually, it could be...their signatures really HAVE drastically changed. Check out the autos I got last month --- very similar *shrugs*

But I still don't get why you'd want to buy it on eBay, it's not as if they don't always come out & sign (well almost always). And if you couldn't go to a show, find someone who'll be at one anywhere in the country and beg them to get something signed for you...LOL

sweetafton23
06-13-2004, 02:30 AM
whoa... i went to the NC karaoke, and listened to the soundclips... i think i listened to when you come back down first, and it kinda sounded like a young Chris Thile, but then i listened to house carpenter and this side and they were sung by the same voice. chris, to the best of my recollection, was NOT 18 years old when This Side came out, so i doubt the NC authenticity of the recordings.

(and the picture of the girl in clogs singing karaoke is just TOO FUNNY.)

obsessedwithNC
06-13-2004, 07:12 PM
There's this gay couple at my campground who opened a karaoke business and actually bought the Nickel Creek karaoke just FOR ME.... of course I never sing karaoke so my little sister sang This Side... it was pretty funny. Not bad actually. Cheesy harmonies and MIDI-file sound of mandolin to it.. I wouldn't recommend buying it though.

wilwaren
06-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sweetafton23
(and the picture of the girl in clogs singing karaoke is just TOO FUNNY.)

yeah, those are some really big shoes... doesn't she just look like she's having SO much fun??!?!?

I've always found it humorus when you see billboards for like McDonalds and the people look so suspiciously happy[think har , I mean come on folks!!! IT'S JUST A HAMBURGER!!!

sweetafton23
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
i hope this creek karaoke doesn't permeate TOO FAR into the world...

drunk college kids and out-of-work lounge singers singing Nickel Creek alongside I've Got Friends in Low Places and Man I Feel Like A Woman? [jaded sigh] can life get better? i submit that it can NOT!!!

hey... i guess it could be worse... (http://www.heydief.com/Kevin_Diefenbaker_-_This_Side_(Nickel_Creek_cover).mp3)

obsessedwithNC
06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
AHHHH! What the heck is that! .. way to ruin a song, Kevin Diefenbaker.. yuck,, that was just.. yuck.

It'sforeign on this sigh-ide...

NCLuver333
06-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Well...you gotta give him credit for having the guts to try it...but he should've at least made sure that his chords sounded *at least okay* with his singing...AHHHHHHHHHHH....i just listened to the last note SCARED...HOLY SQUID.........................it needs to be raised at least a half step...jeeezzz

i think it just blew out my speakers...

BTW, I just checked out ebay, and that goof is trying to sell that fiddle again...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29864&item=3821981617&rd=1

and a show too...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4019856464&rd=1

wilwaren
06-17-2004, 09:02 PM
That's just painful!!! [sacred!] How could anyone have the courage to put that on their website???

Here's a quote from the site which explains it a little...

How 'Dief Karaoke' works is I basically take a song and sing along with it for your enjoyment....
OUR ENJOYMENT?????!!
here's the catch though, I do it on the first take no matter what....enjoy._ And yes, I am a trained professional so please do not attempt this at home.

wow.....

wilwaren
06-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Ok, on further listening (to other songs on the website) I'm sure he's trying to be bad (at least I hope)... Nobody can be THAT bad, like in I'm Gonna Getcha (Shania Twain, i'm not a huge fan of hers anyway), he's off key through the whole song...

SeanWfan33
06-20-2004, 05:22 PM
HAHAHAHAH holy hell this is great! he has no tone to his voice.. and the guitar.... the guitar.. its jsut not working with my ears... thanks for this link it makes me laugh :D

Outburstjessi
07-28-2004, 09:50 AM
erm...I've sang Nickel Creek Karaoke...I actually Sang Lighthouse's Tale and Reason's Why...at the end of Reason's Why all the people in the bar cheered for me...they don't normally do that...people asked me what song it was and who it was by and told me that it was really awesome, perhaps some more people will open their eyes to the awesomeness that is NC....and don't knock karaoke...while there are some people who get piss drunk and make idiots out of themselves, there are some people (like me and my friends) who are incredibly into performing and so far this is all we can do aside from community theatre and little things at college....try going to a karaoke contest...you'll see some real talent there.

As for Nickel Creek karaoke...I go to karaoke 3 - 4 times a week and having that to sing makes me SO happy (I only really sing show tunes at karaoke otherwise)...especially since my boyfriend learned harmonies to the songs so that we can have a fuller sound.

Outburstjessi
07-28-2004, 09:57 AM
As far as the comments on how bad the guide vocals are...of course its not Nickel Creek singing, you know how much they would have to pay to get that?!? and also...its a karaoke CD...you're not supposed to listen to it....guide vocals are for 2 purposes: 1. If you're not sure how the song goes, you can listen to it to remember and 2. if you're too scared to sing the song alone, but no one wants to sing with you, the guide vocals can help....you're not supposed to pop it in your CD player and listen to it while cruisin down the highway! (LOL) All Karaoke CDs have guide vocal options (either the CD has all the songs twice, once instrumental and once with guide vocals, or there are 2 discs in the set, one instrumental and one with guides)

Wow, I'm a karaoke nerd...lol

mandolin_fan
07-28-2004, 10:07 AM
omg.. I just listened to the Kevin Diefenbaker... wow... I just can't comment.. He really needs the karaoke CD because none of those notes were right. It's like he changed the song completely... yucky. The tune was awful.. but, I will say, the guitar wasn't bad. :D