PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the NOOB Website Designers

Tinuviel Girl
10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I was thinking about making an NC site. The main reason was because when I was trying to find some lyrics for their songs, I couldn't find any ones that were accurate, there was one site, but something like NickelCreekLyrics.com ... but it didn't have WSTFD lyrics ... I also was thinking about making a big picture domain with mostly promo shots. Hey BTW - does anybody know who runs the site nickelcreekfans.com? I don't want to break any rules or anything, but could you give me some heads up?

fiddlincklcrker
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
I think that would be a great idea for a website. I know that one of the older members(meaning one of the original members) ran the site, but I noticed now that it isn't up. I can't remember who ran it I think the username was nitejule, but I might be wrong.

Tinuviel Girl
10-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Well I miss it, because thats where I used to get all of my promo shots ... so I'm thinking about using Bravenet.com for my host ... anyone use that before? Or does anyone know of a really good host I should use, other than geocites?

fiddlincklcrker
10-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I know I was pretty upset that the site closed because like you I depended on it for promo pictures. Especially after my computer crashed and I needed to restart my Nickel Creek picture folder again.
*Don't waste your pretty sympathy she's gonna be just fine and Helena so will we and so will everything in time*
Sorry I am listening to Helena and I couldn't resist. I am not sure what to suggest about a host. I would just do a search and see what you come up with.

Tinuviel Girl
10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Thats what I did!
Does anybody know where there are decent sized promo pics of them anywhere else???

creaker
10-12-2005, 11:33 PM
I used to have all their press photos (except for the ST ones I think) but my evil PC died and I don't know if I can revive it... Websites are fun. I should redo my fansite AGAIN because it still sucks. But of course I have no idea what to put on it. Blegh. Maybe I'll just destroy it. Do you actually want a domain like www.nickelcreekstuff.com or do you just want like www.geocities.com/ncstuff? And are you looking for free web hosting? You can get some good web hosting for only like $3.50 a month.

creaker
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Actually I have all their press photos printed out, I could probably scan them...

Tinuviel Girl
10-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Definitely going the free way ...

Russ
10-14-2005, 12:22 PM
songmeanings.net?

Tinuviel Girl
11-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I have a question. I've been looking over some other creeker sites, and I noticed that they all have credits of where they got their photos. Do you have to have them?

creaker
11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
It's best to credit the photographers and ask their permission to use them. I don't know about where you got them though. I suppose as long as you credit the photographers and get their permission you don't need to say where they came from.

I think some of the sites will say unknown photographer, if your the photographer of this picture contact me to be credited if they were unable to find out who photographed it.

Tinuviel Girl
11-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Well from the sites I've seen, they just say Credits - nickelcreekfans.com ... or another website ...
How is that crediting the photographer eh?

fiddlincklcrker
11-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Well with my site I have all of the websites listed where I got the pictures. It probably would be better to list the photographer rather than just a site. But since nickelcreekfans.com isn't up anymore I have to leave my credits at that. But it would be better I think to have the specific name, if you can get it.

creaker
11-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Tinuviel Girl
Well from the sites I've seen, they just say Credits - nickelcreekfans.com ... or another website ...
How is that crediting the photographer eh?

It's not.