Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2003, 04:01 PM

NC in Philly 7/19 - What a day! Nice pics included.

Saw Nickel Creek yesterday in Philly at WXPN singer-songwriter weekend. I got there nice and early for Kathleen Edwards and found a nice spot up front to the right. Got pushed over a little during the next band, and by the time NC came on I was front row dead center! I was about 8 feet away from Chris the whole time. It was awesome.

Brief set (they had less than an hour, I believe). They came on a little late because the previous band went over a bit and both bands took a long time to set up. But they stayed on for their full 50 minutes.

The set was great; new stuff - Jacksmith (is that what it's called? if anyone has a recording of this please please write me at nprindle@loyola.edu), She Can't Complain, Face of Trouble, and another cover/new song ("You may think we are the devil's minions" what is it folks?); they also played This Side, The Fox, Sabra Girl, and Should've Known Better

I thought about seeing if I could hunt them down afterwards, but decided to just leave and not bother them. Just so happens they were just coming out of the building to meet and greet as I was about to step out the gate! I said hi, shook their hands and said thanks for the show (I was a bumbling idiot, I couldn't think of anything to say, I felt like the stupid annoying fan), and got pictures with them all (except whoever took my sara picture didn't press the button all the way, so I'm missing that one title=Frown ). Chris mentioned to a small group that next up recording-wise he was working on an "uncomfortable" new solo CD.

I got a whoooole bunch of pictures; I'm attaching some of the best. Great show, great band, great day!

Nick
Old 07-20-2003, 04:19 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris2.jpg (74.7 KB, 569 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:23 PM

another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris1.jpg (72.9 KB, 559 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:25 PM

sara
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sara1.jpg (80.0 KB, 556 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:27 PM

more sara
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sara2.jpg (80.7 KB, 553 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:29 PM

sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sean1.jpg (68.4 KB, 545 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:31 PM

more sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sean2.jpg (71.8 KB, 547 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:32 PM

the band
Attached Images
File Type: jpg band.jpg (69.5 KB, 535 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:36 PM

mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mark.jpg (76.9 KB, 520 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:38 PM

me and sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me&sean.jpg (39.3 KB, 521 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:41 PM

funny pic of chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrislol.jpg (81.6 KB, 522 views)
Old 07-20-2003, 07:39 PM
third member

Cool piccies!! I'm glad you had a good time!

Chris, Chris, Chris... what are we going to do about that hair?! I swear I'm going to sneak on their bus and cut his hair whilst he's sleeping. title=Roll title=Embarrassment
Old 07-20-2003, 08:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to SeanWfan33 Send a message via Yahoo to SeanWfan33
i love his hair!! it gives him so much character!!! title=Stick

Always Listen

RED SOX
Old 07-20-2003, 09:25 PM

Nice photos!!! Thanks for posting them. The "we are not the devil's minion's" song is called "Elliot". I believe it was a collaboration between CHris and Sean...great, great song.

Actually, I wrote a third part for finger snaps.
-Chris in regards to the really loud snapping lady
Old 07-20-2003, 10:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to transformed
where do you suppose sara got that skirt? salvy's? homemade? it's pretty awesome.

I had the feeling of fall that I've always wanted to feel. And the feeling of a simple life where you could have only the essentials and that would be more than enough.
Sean Watkins
Old 07-21-2003, 12:08 AM
I have no eye :)

Great photos Nick!! Thanks for sharing!!

HeatherD, Happy Lil'Creekster title=Big
Green & Gray.net ~The Unofficial Chris Thile Fan Site
Old 07-21-2003, 10:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to obsessedwithNC
Lightbulb

i love sara's skirt too! when the pic was loading i was thinking "a black tank with a green felt skirt? whaa?' then that little swan thing loaded and i was like "that's adorable!!" i wish i had one! i think i'll go make one!! lol..

we could always write to the "USA Weekend" insert in the Sunday paper asking where she got it if we include the date of the show and where... title=Stick and get an answer like 5 months later..

i dunno... email the band and ask her! make up a good excuse as to why you wanna know in hopes that they write back!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by obsessedwithNC
i love sara's skirt too! when the pic was loading i was thinking "a black tank with a green felt skirt? whaa?' then that little swan thing loaded and i was like "that's adorable!!" i wish i had one! i think i'll go make one!! lol..

we could always write to the "USA Weekend" insert in the Sunday paper asking where she got it if we include the date of the show and where... title=Stick and get an answer like 5 months later..

i dunno... email the band and ask her! make up a good excuse as to why you wanna know in hopes that they write back!
This is interesting... when I saw them at Bogarts in Cincinnati a month or two ago, Sara wore this same skirt... and later that night, during the meet-and-greet, I heard someone compliment Sara about her skirt. She thanked them, and then she mentioned that Chris said it's his favorite skirt too! (on her, not him title=Wink )
Old 07-21-2003, 12:44 PM

title=Stick yah well sean wore the same pants as on the "This Side" back cover to my concert! lol
Old 07-21-2003, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to tullula Send a message via Yahoo to tullula
i think its cool that they arent concerned about what clothes they wear, and concentrate more on the music. Not to say that they aren't fashion concious, but it seems that they are more into comfort rather than "looking good", but they seem to pull that off tootitle=Smilie I guess what im trying to say is that its refreshing to see that they arent worried about what people might think if they're seen wearing something more than once in public like some other artists might.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:10 PM

Those are great pics!! Thanks for sharing. And I kinda like the "wild guy" look myself -- it goes with his personality!!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 PM

Swan Song

Just for the record, I LOVE Sara's swan skirt too. She wore it at Bogart's in Cincy when I saw them last. Great pics! I woulda loved to be front and center!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tullula
i think its cool that they arent concerned about what clothes they wear, and concentrate more on the music. Not to say that they aren't fashion concious, but it seems that they are more into comfort rather than "looking good", but they seem to pull that off tootitle=Smilie I guess what im trying to say is that its refreshing to see that they arent worried about what people might think if they're seen wearing something more than once in public like some other artists might.
I agree completely... they are *REAL PEOPLE*! title=listenign
Old 07-22-2003, 08:43 AM

Talking L@@K what i found!

http://www.nickelcreek.info/forum/sh...&threadid=2685

thats a link to a thread of another concert with the swan skirt... i wish i was going to a concert so i could ask her where she got it! seriously, i want one of these!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 02:05 AM

singer/songwriter concert-Philly

We were at the singer/songwriter fest also. We were standing in the front row, dead center. Your pictures look great. We took some also with our digital camera. I will post them as soon as I load them into my computer. (they are on my friend's computer right now) We also talked with the group and Sara autographed a very good picture of her we took at the Recher Theatre in Towson. My friend's son who is a huge fan of Sara's was happy he received the autograph. I know what you mean about bothering them after a show. We met them after their show at the Recher Theatre in Towson and Chris and Sara were both very polite and kind and took pictures with us, so I didn't really bother them this time. I did say "Hi" to Chris as he was walking from the bus to the gate behind the stage at Penn's Landing and he was very polite when I told him that we love his music. I also bumped into Sean when he was walking around but I didn't even say anything let alone ask him for his autograph. I do believe in a few years, though we won't have the opportunity to see them in small venues like the Keswick Theatre in Glenside, PA. Maybe that is just my opinion but we think they are rising stars.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:16 AM

chris's hair

Oh.. I do agree with the post about cutting Chris' hair while he is sleeping. The hair doesn't really look bad on him but he does have a cute face and he is hiding his features behind the wild hair.
He has nice hair...he just needs a good trim.. And I am sure there are some volunteers who would like to trim his hair. Also Sean looks awesome with his hair off of his forehead, like it is on his solo CD because you can see his eyes better. I tried to get some good pics of Sean at the Philly weekend but they didn't do justice to him because there was a shadow cast over his eyes. I'll post them soon. Thanks, Nick for posting the pics. The one of Sean and you is really good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: